Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome to Gotham Blogger

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog, my name is Ashley Moore and I am from New York. Gotham Blogger will primliary be a focus on movies. I will review movies and rate them from a scale to one to tell. This blog will also focus on food and other daily going ons in New York. I have a bit of Fashion news and entertainment news on here, but like I stated above it will focus more on the reviews. This is my first every blog and I want it to be successful and active. 


So a little about myself:


I am 21 years old and right now I am a student. I will be starting a new program at Harvard in the fall, but until then I will be working and doing my blog. I love movies, the first movie I ever saw was The Color Purple and I fell in love with movies. I decided to go into movie critiquing because I was angry when Tim Robbins lost to Tom Hanks for best actor at the 1995 Academy Awards (Though I do count Forrest Gump as one of my all time favorite movies, I still think Tim should have gotten it for Shawshank Redemption). I was young, but I still knew what I wanted out of a movie. I used to watch the Ebert and Roper show and nod my head in a agreement at some of the reviews. So I think I should come in and maybe give my own take at what movies are good and what movies are bad. 


I don't expect people to like the blog nor do I expect people to read it. I just ask that if you do like it or you don't like it, tell me. I want people to read my blog and the reviews and say so maybe I won't go and see that movie. My dream job is to be a professional movie reviewer, and if that does not work out, I can always go to medical school. 


This blog will also feature some amazing offers by Amazon. I will post links of movies that I think are worth buying. Amazon is amazing with it's prices so I recommend that if you want to buy movies the best place to do it is at Amazon.com. 


So in honor of my first post the first movie that I recommend that you buy is: The Bucket list because I have always wanted to start a blog and so now I can cross it off of my bucket list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you guys for visitng my page and reading it